XDot Academy Dance Participation Waiver & Guidelines
As the parent or guardian of the child signed up for Kids Lyrical and Dance hosted by XDOT Academy I give my permission for my daughter/son to participate in Kids Lyrical Dance Classes and performances, offered by XDOT Academy. I understand that although the students will be supervised by staff, I do assume the risk in my student’s participation in this program. I acknowledge that I will not seek to have XDOT Academy or its staff held liable in the event that any accident, injury, loss of property or any other circumstance or incident occurs during or as a result of my daughter’s/son’s participation in this program. This release of liability includes accident, injury, loss, or damages to the student, as well as, to other individuals or property which may result from the students participation in this program. I hereby release and agree to hold harmless XDOT Academy, its owners, officials, agents and employees, from any claims arising out of my son’s/daughter’s participation in this program. I have read and understand and accept all of the statements above and accept full responsibility as described. I understand that my child’s participation in the activity is a privilege, and that rules of acceptable behavior apply. I acknowledge that I have reviewed with my child the rules and requirements established for this activity; all policies and procedures; rules of conduct set forth in the Student Code of Conduct, and that they understand the need to abide by them in order to participate.
Student Code of Conduct
I am a member of a cooperative team of learners and performers. I agree to:
* EXHIBIT RESPECT TOWARDS OTHERS: Bullying, inappropriate language, exclusionary behavior, or disrespect towards peers or staff will not be tolerated.
* Conduct myself in a responsible manner.
* Obey all academy rules, including safety rules.
* ATTENDANCE is crucial: each missed class is missed material, information and necessary practice. Remember, we only have a limited number of classes in each semester.
* ABSENCES- We understand that everyone gets sick and has important occasions that will cause students to miss class once in a while. We ask that you give us as much notice as possible.
* Arrive early or on time for classes
* Please bring a reusable water bottle to all classes
* ELECTRONICS: Cell phone use is not permitted during class. Phones are to remain in backpacks or with belongings; if students need to make a call, a staff member will supervise use and require the phone to be put away before the student rejoins the group. NO OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES. If a student is found using electronic devices during program time, the device will be removed and kept by senior staff until the student is picked up at the end of their session.
* CLASS ATTIRE-
- No restrictive clothing
- No dangling or large jewelry
- Hair should be up and pulled away from your face.
- Pants, leggings, sweats, or skirt should not be too long (tripping hazard)
Friends & Family Policies
Family members, siblings, and friends are welcome to attend any and all Practices and Recitals free of charge.
While Students are practicing on the stage, the stage curtains will remain closed to limit distractions for the dancers.
Family and friends are welcome to hang out and wait inside of the building in the cafe/common area, we will even have our small Cafe/Coffee Shop open during most dance classes if you are interested in food or drink.
CONFERENCES: If at any time you have questions or wish to talk with any of us regarding your child please call or text Rochelle at 325-725-7706. We will be happy to talk with you. Our classes run back-to-back; therefore, we are generally not available for discussion during class or between classes.
NO PETS: No pets inside the building. Service animals must remain on a leash with their owners.
NO FIREARMS OR WEAPONS – X Dot Academy is a Gun Free & Drug Free Private School. PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.05, PENAL CODE, A PERSON MAY NOT ENTER THE PREMISES WITH A FIREARM, ILLEGAL KNIFE, CLUB, OR OTHER PROHIBITED WEAPON.
– $50 Non- Refundable Registration Deposit – This deposit goes towards the payment of Dancers costume for their first Recital.
– $40 per month for first child and $30 a month for each additional sibling
– $160 total semester per child
– 10% OFF entire tuition if PAID IN FULL IN ADVANCE – Deadline is February 6th
– $10 late fee if not paid on or before the first class of each month
– Costume Fees are NOT included in the monthly cost and will be required at the beginning of February and the Beginning of April There will be a total of 2 costumes. Shoes are NOT included, and are the responsibility of the parent/guardian(see bottom of form for examples). One Costume for each Recital with a total of 2 costumes. (A size chart will be given out prior to ordering)
– $50 for each costume(1st costume is paid for with registration fee)
– $100 for spring Semester Costumes
TUITION MUST BE PAID MONTHLY AND PAID IN FULL TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE END OF SEMESTER
$35 Return Check Charge
* Checks (make checks out to XDOT Academy) They can be given the first day of class each month or mailed to 12488 FM 1812 Merkel TX 79536
* Venmo @XDOTAcademy
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Withdrawal & Refunds: Please remember that class space has been reserved for your child. Class fees are non-refundable if your child misses a class or drops out of our classes. If we cancel a class due to teacher illness, we will arrange a make-up time. Recital Costume Deposits are non-refundable once costumes have been ordered.